Gardner, Kansas speeding and traffic ticket amendment, diversion, "fix" attorneys/lawyers/law firm

Don't let a Gardner, Kansas speeding or traffic ticket have a negative effect on your driving record or you auto insurance rates!  Our traffic attorneys can amend, divert, or "fix" most Gardner speeding & traffic tickets.

How can I hire your law firm to amend, "fix," or divert my Gardner speeding or traffic ticket?

Hiring one of our lawyers to help with your Gardner traffic matter is easy.  We handle hundreds of traffic matters in Johnson County every year and we strive to make our representation as easy as possible for our clients.  To hire us to help with your Gardner speeding or traffic ticket, simply call our office at 913-764-5010, or use the form on this page.

We will take your name, contact info, and ticket info and let you know if we think an amendment or diversion is possible for your ticket.  If it is, then we will simply need payment for our fees and the Gardner Municipal Court fees.  This payment is usually just a credit card over the phone.

Once we have your contact info, ticket info, and payment, we will contact the Gardner Municipal Court and "enter an appearance," on your case.  This "entry" means that you will not have to appear in court, rather we will appear on your behalf.  

We will then appear for you and attempt to arrange an amendment or diversion in your case with the Gardner Municipal Prosecutor.  If successful, then we will pay the amended cost, which will conclude your case.

We will then mail you a receipt from the court, along with a letter explaining the resolution on your Gardner ticket.

What types of tickets can your attorneys amend, divert, or "fix" in Gardner Municipal Court?

Our lawyers can amend, divert, or "fix"  most Gardner traffic & speeding tickets.  We can also help with many Gardner red light or stop sign citations, lane change violations, failure to use a turn signal, failure to yield and other traffic matters in Gardner Municipal Court.

Our attorneys can also represent people charged with other Gardner traffic infractions such as driving while suspended (DWS), driving without insurance, driving without proper registration (no plates), and driving under the influence (DUI/DWI). 

These Gardner traffic charges all count as misdemeanors and could lead to jail time if they are not properly handled.  If you have been charged with DUI, DWS, no insurance, or another traffic misdemeanor in Gardner, KS, call us today at 913-764-5010 to speak to one of our Gardner traffic lawyers today!

Driving while suspended or revoked (DWS) charges in Gardner or Johnson County, KS

Our law office also handles driving while suspended charges in Gardner & elsewhere in Johnson County, KS.

Driving while suspended is a serious offense in Johnson County with the DWS statute calling for possible jail time in every case.  Additionally, your driver's license could be suspended (again, in most cases) if you plead guilty to a DWS charge.

Our experienced Gardner traffic attorneys can help arrange a resolution which may help you avoid a conviction for driving while suspended, depending on your driving history and the circumstances surrounding your Gardner driving while suspended charge.

In some cases, we may be able to amend, "fix," or divert the Gardner driving while suspended charge.  In other cases, we may be able to help you avoid jail time or secure a suspended sentence on your behalf.

Driving while suspended cases in Gardner and Johnson County can be extremely complicated and results will vary depending on the circumstances.  Call us at 913 764 5010 today to speak to a Gardner traffic attorney about your Gardner tickets.

KSA 8-235, the Kansas Driving While Suspended statute:

Licenses required; city license, when; appeal from denial of license; vehicles registered under temporary permit; penalty; motorized bicycle driver's license. (a) No person, except those expressly exempted, shall drive any motor vehicle upon a highway in this state unless such person has a valid driver's license. No person shall receive a driver's license unless and until such person surrenders or with the approval of the division, lists to the division all valid licenses in such person's possession issued to such person by any other jurisdiction. All surrendered licenses or the information listed on foreign licenses shall be returned by the division to the issuing department, together with information that the licensee is now licensed in a new jurisdiction. No person shall be permitted to have more than one valid license at any time.
(b)   Any person licensed under the motor vehicle drivers' license act may exercise the privilege granted upon all streets and highways in this state and shall not be required to obtain any other license to exercise such privilege by any local authority. Nothing herein shall prevent cities from requiring licenses of persons who drive taxicabs or municipally franchised transit systems for hire upon city streets, to protect the public from drivers whose character or habits make them unfit to transport the public. If a license is denied, the applicant may appeal such decision to the district court of the county in which such city is located by filing within 10 days after such denial, a notice of appeal with the clerk of the district court and by filing a copy of such notice with the city clerk of the involved city. The city clerk shall certify a copy of such decision of the city governing body to the clerk of the district court and the matter shall be docketed as any other cause and the applicant shall be granted a trial of such person's character and habits. The matter shall be heard by the court de novo in accordance with the code of civil procedure. The cost of such appeal shall be assessed in such manner as the court may direct.
(c)   Any person operating in this state a motor vehicle, except a motorcycle, which is registered in this state other than under a temporary thirty-day permit shall be the holder of a driver's license which is classified for the operation of such motor vehicle, and any person operating in this state a motorcycle which is registered in this state shall be the holder of a class M driver's license, except that any person operating in this state a motorcycle which is registered under a temporary thirty-day permit shall be the holder of a driver's license for any class of motor vehicles.
(d)   No person shall drive any motorized bicycle upon a highway of this state unless: (1) Such person has a valid driver's license which entitles the licensee to drive a motor vehicle in any class or classes; (2) such person is at least 15 years of age and has passed the written and visual examinations required for obtaining a class C driver's license, in which case the division shall issue to such person a class C license which clearly indicates such license is valid only for the operation of motorized bicycles; or (3) such person has had their driving privileges suspended, for a violation other than a violation of K.S.A. 8-1567 or 8-1567a, and amendments thereto, and has made application to the division for the issuance of a class C license for the operation of motorized bicycles, in accordance with paragraph (2), in which case the division shall issue to such person a class C license which clearly indicates such license is valid only for the operation of motorized bicycles.
(e)   Violation of this section shall constitute a class B misdemeanor.



Johnson County, Kansas Traffic Law Center | Traffic & Speeding Ticket Amendment Lawyers-Lawyers-Law Firm | Amendments, Diversions, Legal Representation

The traffic attorneys in our Johnson County law office represent drivers with speeding & traffic tickets/citations in Johnson County District Court and all municipal courts.  Our law firm's traffic lawyers negotiate with prosecutors to minimize or eliminate the negative affects of speeding/traffic tickets have on driving records & insurance rates.  We routinely keep our clients'  licenses "clean," saving them hundreds or thousands of $$$ in auto insurance premium increases.  Our traffic law firm's lawyers represent drivers on driving while suspended (DWS), habitual violator, or driving under the influence (DUI/DWI) cases.

To contact a Johnson County traffic attorney: call 913-764-5010 or email

Our firm's traffic lawyers "fix" Johnson County, Kansas tickets & citations!

The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC., is based in Kansas, and serves the surrounding areas in Kansas

© Copyright Law Office of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC All rights reserved. SEO by LawyerSuccess