Are you looking for a Johnson County traffic attorney to amend a speeding/traffic ticket to a non-moving violation such as illegal parking or inattentive driving?  Our law firm can help motorists with most Johnson County speeding & traffic tickets.


Our experienced traffic lawyers offer legal help for Johnson County drivers who have been issued speeding tickets, stop sign/stop light violations, driving while suspended tickets, no insurance citations, and all other traffic citations throughout Johnson County. 

Johnson County, KS traffic tickets will be prosecuted in either Johnson County District Court or one of the many municipal courts in Johnson County.  To determine where your citation will be prosecuted, simply look at the top of the citation you were issued.  If you were stopped by a Kansas Highway Patrol trooper or a Johnson County Sheriff's Deputy, then your case will proceed in Johnson County District Court.  If you were stopped by a local police officer, then your case will proceed in that city's municipal court.  For instance if you were issued a speeding ticket by an Overland Park Police Department policeman, then the case will be prosecuted in Overland Park Municipal Court. 

The lawyers in this office regularly amend or "fix" tickets in all of Johnson County's municipal courts and we can often find solutions for drivers facing "tough" ticket fixes, such as construction zone speeding tickets, school zone speeding tickets, or commercial vehicle tickets.

Whether you are looking for a Johnson County attorney to represent you at  a DUI jury trial or just to amend (fix) a traffic ticket, contact us at (913)764-5010 or (913) 406-0732 today.  If you're looking for DUI representation, you may also visit our main DUI lawyer page at

How does our Johnson County

ticket amendment process work?

In most cases, we can "fix" or amend your Johnson County traffic ticket with very little effort from you.  For instance, we can amend or divert most Johnson County speeding tickets with just a few simple steps:

1.  You call us with your ticket number and payment information.  If you have lost your ticket or if you do not have it with you, we can still look up most tickets.  We will take this information down and proceed to step #2.

2.  We contact the Johnson County municipal court that you are scheduled to appear in.  For instance, if you received a ticket from an Overland Park police officer, we will contact the Overland Park Municipal Court.  If you received a ticket from a Olathe Police officer, we will contact the Olathe Municipal Court, etc.  If you received a ticket from a Johnson County Sheriff or Kansas Highway Patrol trooper, your ticket will proceed in Johnson County District Court, and we will contact that court.  

3.  The Court will place the ticket on an "attorney plea docket."  This is a separate court date which takes the place of your original court date, and where we will negotiate an advantageous resolution with the prosecutor.

4.  We will appear on the attorney plea docket.  We will appear on your behalf, arrange a amendment or "fix" for your ticket, and then pay the court.  Most speeding tickets will be amended to a parking violation which will not affect your license status or insurance rates.  Other moving violations may be diverted or amended, in all cases you will need to speak to one of our Johnson County traffic attorneys to determine what the expected resolution of your case will be.

5.  We will send you confirmation of the resolution via mail, including a receipt from the court.  

It really is this easy!

Please keep in mind that while we sucessfully amend hundreds of tickets per year no traffic attorney or law firm can guarantee results.  

 Johnson County Speeding/Traffic Ticket Representation

Johnson County is the most populous county in Kansas and encompasses a number of courts, including Johnson County District Court and over twenty different municipal courts.  Generally, the municipal courts will handle speeding & traffic tickets written by their police officers.  Johnson County District Court generally handles speeding & traffic tickets written by the Kansas Highway Patrol and the Johnson County Sheriff's Office.

Some people don't think they need a lawyer to help them with their speeding ticket or traffic citation.  While this may be true in limited instances, in most cases an experienced Johnson County traffic attorney can be essential in ensuring your rights and interests are protected.  The jurisdiction that has issued the citation to you has police officers, attorneys, and other staff members working hard on their side - it is only fair that you hire a Johnson County traffic lawyer to help you.

Why you should amend or divert all Johnson County traffic citations: 

A Johnson County speeding/traffic ticket can negatively affect you in many ways and these effects can last for years. 

The primary reasons to avoid pleaing guilty to a Johnson County traffic citation is to protect your driving record.  While every state is different, Kansas and Missouri will both suspend your driver's license if you are found guilty of too many traffic violations.  In fact, in some cases, you can be suspended for one ticket!

If you are like most people, you rely on your license to get you to work, to get to the grocery store, to take care of your family, and for many other aspects of your daily life.  Thus a driver's license suspension could have a huge harmful impact on your life.

The second major reason to amend or divert your Johnson County speeding & traffic tickets is to keep your insurance rates from going through the roof.  We have had clients come to our office after they pled guilty to a ticket and saw their 6 month premium increase by over a thousand dollars!  While such an increase is not likey for everyone, the only way to know how much your rates will increase is to wait for that next bill, and by then it is probably too late.

Other negative effects include the hours of lost time involved in attending court dates and waiting for your case to be called, the missed work (and associated lost wages) from having to attend court, and the fines and court costs associated with each ticket.

How hiring a Johnson County traffic lawyer can help you with your Johnson County Traffic or Speeding ticket:

Hiring an experienced Johnson County speeding/traffic ticket attorney can insure that your rights and interests are protected. 

First, by hiring us to handle your ticket, you will not have to appear in court for your ticket - rather we will appear on your behalf.  This will save you hours of time and prevent you from having to miss work and/or other activities to handle the ticket.

We will then enter an appearance with the court on your case put the ticket on what is commonly referred to as an "attorney plea docket."  This is usually a separate court date where we will go and talk to the prosecutor and judge (if applicable) about your case.  In almost every traffic citation case, you will not need to appear.

When we appear on your behalf at the attorney plea docket, we will explain your case to the prosecutor in an attempt to secure and amendment to your ticket or secure a diversion on your ticket.

What is a speeding/traffic ticket amendment in Johnson County and why is it good for drivers?

In Johnson County, an amendment to a speeding or other traffic ticket is where the prosecution agrees to change the alleged violation you committed.  The amendment is usually to "illegal parking." 

Just as a normal parking ticket will not be recorded on your driving record or affect your insurance rates, an amendment to illegal parking will not be reported to your state's driving authority, nor will it cause your insurance rates to go up.

The city offering the amendment will usually ask for something in exchange for amending the ticket, which is usually double the fine listed on the ticket.  Call us today at (913) 764-5010 or email us at info@JoCoTraffic.cocm to learn  the expected amendment cost for your Johnson County speeding/traffic ticket amendment.

What is a "diversion" and why is it advantageous for drivers in Johnson County?

A Johnson County traffic/speeding ticket diversion is essentially a contract between a driver and the prosecution where the driver agrees to do something for a specified period of time and in exchange, the prosecution agrees to dismiss the charge at the end of that specified period of time. 

For example, the Johnson County District Attorney's Office will not offer amendments for Johnson County District Court traffic/speeding tickets. They will however offer diversions.  With a speeding ticket, they simply agree to dismiss the ticket if the driver does not plead guilty and is not found guilty of any new moving violations within the next 6 months.  

Just as the speeding traffic ticket amendment prevented the ticket from negatively affecting your driving record and insurance rates, the diversion will as well, provided you complete it successfully.  However, if you do receive a new charge within the diversion period, we may still be able to manage it to keep your diversion valid.  Each case is unique and you need to contact us (phone 913 764-5010 email for details if you should find yourself in that category.  

This office has successfully negotiated with the following cities in various traffic cases:

Possible Olathe traffic solutions:

The City of Olathe allows  drivers represented by an Olathe speeding/traffic attorney to amend many tickets and grants diversion on others. 

Olathe speeding tickets can be amended to "illegal parking," which is a non-moving violation and should not negatively reflect your license or your insurance rates.

Olathe driving while suspended charges and other serious traffic charges (such as registration violations or insurance violations) may be able to be "diverted."  Diversion is not a conviction, it is an agreement where the driver agrees to certain conditions for a certain period of time, and in exchange, the City of Olathe agrees to dismiss the case if the conditions are met.  

Olathe speeding/traffic ticket attorney

Possible Overland Park traffic solutions:

The City of Overland Park Municipal Court is one of the largest courts in the entire State of Kansas.  The prosecutors will often amend Overland Park speeding tickets to drivers represented by an Overland Park traffic attorney.  Amendments include "illegal parking" for a predetermined amount depending on the driver's record and the circumstances surrounding the ticket.

Overland Park will occasionally offer amendments or diversion for other violations such as driving while suspended, registration violations and insurance tickets.  These amendments vary based on the circumstances surrounding the charge and the driver's record.  Care must be taken as the City of Overland Park insists on jail time for all driving while suspended convictions. 

Overland Park speeding/traffic ticket attorney,

Prairie Village traffic amendments:

The City of Prairie Village offers amendments to "illegal parking" for most speeding tickets who are represented by a Prairie Village traffic lawyer. They typically double the cost of the ticket and add court costs. 

Other Prairie Village violations such as DWS (driving while suspended), no insurance, or no registration may also be amended or diverted, depending on the circumstances.

Prairie Village speeding/traffic ticket attorney,

Leawood speeding and traffic ticket amendments:

The City of Leawood will amend many speeding tickets to folks represented by an attorney. These amendments will be to a non-moving violation that will not reflect negatively on a driver's license or insurance status.

Other Leawood tickets such as driving without proof of insurance, driving while suspended (DWS), and registration violations may also be amended or diverted, depending on the circumstances.

Leawood speeding/traffic ticket attorney,

City of Lenexa speeding and traffic solutions:

The City of Lenexa often "fixes" speeding tickets to illegal parking for drivers represented by a Lenexa speeding ticket lawyer.  This remedy usually calls for doubling the price of the ticket and adding court costs.

Other charges may be eligible for diversion, depending on the circumstances and the driver's record.  A good Lenexa traffic attorney may be able to divert a driving while suspended (DWS) charge, insurance charge or registration violation. 

Lenexa speeding/traffic ticket attorney,

Merriam Kansas traffic and speeding ticket amendments:

The City of Merriam often allows speeding and other traffic tickets to be amended to "illegal parking" or other non-moving violations to drivers represented by a Merriam traffic attorney.

More serious charges such as driving while suspended, without registration, or without insurance may be amended or diverted depending on the circumstances.   

Merriam speeding/traffic ticket attorney,

City of Shawnee speeding/traffic ticket amendments:

The City of Shawnee will amend certain speeding tickets to "illegal parking" or other non moving violations upon request by a Shawnee speeding/traffic ticket attorney. 

Serious traffic charges in Shawnee can occationally be diverted or amended to limit the impact on drivers.  Each case is different, but retaining a Shawnee traffic attorney may help get the results you want. 

 Shawnee speeding/traffic ticket attorney,

Mission, Kansas speeding/traffic ticket solutions:

The City of Mission may amend speeding/traffic tickets for drivers represented by a Mission speeding/traffic attorney.  These amendments typically consist of an amendment to "illegal parking," which will not add points or have other negative implications on a person's record.

More serious Mission traffic charges such as driving while suspended, driving without proof of insurance, or driving without registration may be amended, depending on the circumstances.  

Mission speeding/traffic ticket attorney,

DeSoto speeding and traffic tickets:

The City of DeSoto often allows speeding and other traffic tickets to be amended to "illegal parking" or other non-moving violations to drivers represented by a DeSoto traffic attorney.

More serious charges such as driving while suspended, without registration, or without insurance may be amended or diverted depending on the circumstances.    

Johnson County District Court: 

Johnson County District Court traffic tickets may be eligible for diversion which will keep them from reflecting negatively on your record.  Johnson County does not amend tickets to illegal parking.


 For more information, click on one of the following cities:

Olathe speeding/traffic ticket attorney,

Overland Park speeding/traffic ticket attorney,

Mission speeding/traffic ticket attorney,

Gardner speeding/traffic ticket attorney,

Leawood speeding/traffic ticket attorney,

Lenexa speeding/traffic ticket attorney,

Prairie Village speeding/traffic ticket attorney,

Merriam speeding/traffic ticket attorney,

Shawnee speeding/traffic ticket attorney,

Westwood speeding/traffic ticket attorney,

Mission Hills speeding/traffic ticket attorney,

Stillwell speeding/traffic ticket attorney,

Eudora speeding/traffic ticket attorney,

and elsewhere in Kansas.

Are you looking for an experienced Johnson County DUI attorney?

This office has represented hundreds of drivers charged with driving under the influence in Kansas and Missouri. DUI charges are extremely serious matters and should be handled soon after the driver is charged. 


In most Kansas DUI cases, you only have 10 days from the date of your arrest to request an administrative hearing or your license will be automatically suspended for a period between 30 days and life, depending on the circumstances.  If you are facing a Johnson County DUI charge, call us immediately to learn your rights and to discuss your options.


KSA 8-1567 is the Kansas DUI statute.  ALL convictions in Kansas call for jail time, even on a first time offense. Our DUI page can explain in depth, or you may click on one of these links for more specific information on our DUI website:

Olathe DUI attorney

Overland Park DUI attorney

Prairie Village DUI attorney

Leawood DUI attorney

Lenexa DUI attorney

Mission DUI attorney

Johnson County District Court DUI attorney


Personal Injury Representation in Jackson and Johnson Counties:


This office also focuses on personal injury representation on cases involving auto accidents, negligence, on the job injuries. 

Click on the following pages which focus on information regarding a personal injury attorney in Kansas City or Johnson County:  

Johnson County personal injury attorney

Kansas City personal injury attorney

Johnson County auto accident attorney

Kansas City auto accident attorney

Johnson County criminal attorney



Frequently asked questions about a driver's license suspension in Kansas:

How exactly can my driver's license get suspended?

These are the infractions that will result in the suspension of your Kansas driver's license:

  • Conviction of three or more moving violations within a specified time period.  The State does not care if the violations were collected in Kansas or even in another state - they will still suspend your driver's license for too many violations!
  • Refusal to submit to a chemical test to determine your BAC
  • Failing to appear for court date or failing to pay a ticket.  We see this one all too often - folks either can't afford to pay a ticket or forget all about it.  When the Court date is missed, the City or County will suspend that person's driver's license and issue a warrant for your arrest.  If you have missed your Court date, call us immediately!  We can often enter an appearance on your behalf, get the warrant recalled, and take steps to get your driver's license back in good standing.
  • Failing to maintain continuous liability insurance on your vehicle.  If you drive your car without insurance, you can be suspended for a very lengthy period of time - even if you haven't been in an accident.  Do not drive without insurance in Johnson County or elsewhere!  If you do let your insurance lapse and a ticket is issued, call us immediately so we can help you avoid a driver's license suspension for the charge.
  • Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs or having a BAC level of .08% or above.  Almost everyone charged with a DUI will also be subject to a driver's license suspension ranging from 30 days to life, depending on their driving history.  If you have been charged with DUI in Kansas you only have 10 days from the date of your arrest to request an administrative hearing with the State or your license will be automatically suspended for a period ranging from 30 days to life!  If you have been charged with DUI in Kansas, call us immediately so we can file the correct documents to preserve your driving privileges!
  • Transporting an open container of liquor or cereal malt beverage (3.2 beer)

Can I get a hardship driver’s license?
Kansas laws do not allow the issuance of a hardship license, that would allow a person to drive during the length of their suspension, revocation, cancellation or
disqualification period.

I went through a period of time where I racked up a bunch of tickets.  This is hurting my ability to get a license.  Is there anything an Overland Park traffic law office can do to help me get my driving privileges back?

In many cases, the answer is yes - we can help you get your Kansas driver's license.  We specialize in "hard cases" that other traffic attorneys in Overland Park and Johnson County are unwilling to take.  We can help you in several ways. 

First, if there are tickets that haven't been paid, we can enter appearances on those cases and attempt to amend or "fix" any moving violations you have pending. 

Second, if past tickets are going to be or are the cause of a driver's license suspension, then we may be able to vile a "motion to withdraw plea," where we can actually "undo" the tickets you've paid in the past.  

When dealing with past tickets or multiple tickets, the situation can get very complicated very quickly.  Call us today at (913) 764-5010 to set up an appointment to discuss your situation and to find a solution to get back your Kansas driver's license.







Johnson County, Kansas Traffic Law Center | Traffic & Speeding Ticket Amendment Lawyers-Lawyers-Law Firm | Amendments, Diversions, Legal Representation

The traffic attorneys in our Johnson County law office represent drivers with speeding & traffic tickets/citations in Johnson County District Court and all municipal courts.  Our law firm's traffic lawyers negotiate with prosecutors to minimize or eliminate the negative affects of speeding/traffic tickets have on driving records & insurance rates.  We routinely keep our clients'  licenses "clean," saving them hundreds or thousands of $$$ in auto insurance premium increases.  Our traffic law firm's lawyers represent drivers on driving while suspended (DWS), habitual violator, or driving under the influence (DUI/DWI) cases.

To contact a Johnson County traffic attorney: call 913-764-5010 or email

Our firm's traffic lawyers "fix" Johnson County, Kansas tickets & citations!

The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC., is based in Kansas, and serves the surrounding areas in Kansas

© Copyright Law Office of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC All rights reserved. SEO by LawyerSuccess