Olathe Speeding & Traffic Ticket Lawyers

Looking for an Olathe Speeding

& Traffic Ticket Amendment Attorney?

Do not allow an Olathe speeding/traffic ticket to raise your insurance rates or affect your driver's license status!

Our Olathe traffic lawyers can "fix" or amend most Olathe speeding & traffic tickets, even certain traffic citations in Olathe school or construction zones and even some commercial vehicle tickets!

How does our ticket amendment process work?

In most cases, we can "fix" or amend your Johnson County traffic ticket with very little effort from you.  For instance, we can amend or divert most Johnson County speeding tickets with just a few simple steps:

1.  You call us with your ticket number and payment information.  If you have lost your Olathe traffic ticket or if you do not have it with you, we can still look up most tickets.  We will take this information down and proceed to step #2.

2.  We contact the Olathe Municipal Court.  If you received a ticket from a Olathe Police officer, we will contact the Olathe Municipal Court, etc.  If you received a ticket from a Johnson County Sheriff or Kansas Highway Patrol trooper, your ticket will proceed in Johnson County District Court, and we will contact that court.  

3.  The Olathe Court Clerk will place the ticket on an "attorney plea docket."  This is a separate court date which takes the place of your original court date, and where we will negotiate an advantageous resolution with the prosecutor.

4.  We will appear in Olathe Municipal Court on the attorney plea docket date arranged by the Court.  We will appear on your behalf, arrange a amendment or "fix" for your ticket, and then pay the court.  Most speeding tickets will be amended to a parking violation which will not affect your license status or insurance rates.  Other moving violations may be diverted or amended, in all cases you will need to speak to one of our Johnson County traffic attorneys to determine what the expected resolution of your case will be.

5.  We will send you confirmation of the resolution via mail, including a receipt from Olathe Municipal Court.  

It really is this easy!

Please keep in mind that while we sucessfully amend hundreds of tickets per year no traffic attorney or law firm can guarantee results.  


The City of Olathe's police department writes thousands of speeding and other traffic tickets every year.  Olathe speeding and traffic tickets cost drivers hundreds or even thousands of dollars in fines, court costs, increased insurance premiums and costs associated with losing their license in some cases.

Hiring an experienced Olathe speeding/traffic ticket attorney can help protect your rights, your insurance premiums, and your driving history.

In many cases, an Olathe speeding/traffic ticket attorney can arrange an amendment to your speeding and/or traffic tickets. Our law firm can often amend Olathe speeding and traffic tickets to non-moving violations such as illegal parking. 

A traffic ticket amendment in Olathe will usually insure that your insurance premiums do not go up and that your license status is not affected negatively by the ticket. 

We can amend or "fix" most Olathe speeding/traffic tickets by having the charge amended to "illegal parking," which is not a moving violation and will not reflect negatively on your driving record or insurance rates.  In some instances, we can even amend Olathe speeding tickets in construction or school zones

We can also help folks charged with DWS (driving while suspended) in Olathe.  A conviction on a Kansas DWS charge can lead to jail time (it is a class A misdemeanor charge in most cases) and an even longer driver's license suspension from the Kansas Department of Revenue. 

If you've been charged with driving while suspended (DWS) in Olathe, it is important to consult an Olathe traffic attorney to discuss your rights and your options.  We may be able to secure a dismissal of the Olathe DWS charge in some cases, negotiate an amendment to a lesser charge in other cases, or secure a diversion agreement with the Olathe Municipal Prosecutor(which does not count as a conviction if terms are met).  As with all cases, each Olathe DWS case is unique and must be individually evaluated by an Olathe traffic lawyer before we can advise you on your case.

Other Olathe traffic charges such as no-insurance (also known as failure to provide proof of insurance) and/or Olathe registration violations (also known as failure to register a vehicle or a tag violation) can also lead to jail time which makes it important to hire an Olathe traffic attorney to help with these cases as well.

Contact us today at 913 764-5010 or 913 406 0732 today to learn more about your options for your Olathe traffic citations.

The Kansas Driving While Suspended Statute (DWS):

8-235.   Licenses required; city license, when; appeal from denial of license; vehicles registered under temporary permit; penalty; motorized bicycle driver's license. (a) No person, except those expressly exempted, shall drive any motor vehicle upon a highway in this state unless such person has a valid driver's license. No person shall receive a driver's license unless and until such person surrenders or with the approval of the division, lists to the division all valid licenses in such person's possession issued to such person by any other jurisdiction. All surrendered licenses or the information listed on foreign licenses shall be returned by the division to the issuing department, together with information that the licensee is now licensed in a new jurisdiction. No person shall be permitted to have more than one valid license at any time.

      (b)   Any person licensed under the motor vehicle drivers' license act may exercise the privilege granted upon all streets and highways in this state and shall not be required to obtain any other license to exercise such privilege by any local authority. Nothing herein shall prevent cities from requiring licenses of persons who drive taxicabs or municipally franchised transit systems for hire upon city streets, to protect the public from drivers whose character or habits make them unfit to transport the public. If a license is denied, the applicant may appeal such decision to the district court of the county in which such city is located by filing within 10 days after such denial, a notice of appeal with the clerk of the district court and by filing a copy of such notice with the city clerk of the involved city. The city clerk shall certify a copy of such decision of the city governing body to the clerk of the district court and the matter shall be docketed as any other cause and the applicant shall be granted a trial of such person's character and habits. The matter shall be heard by the court de novo in accordance with the code of civil procedure. The cost of such appeal shall be assessed in such manner as the court may direct.

      (c)   Any person operating in this state a motor vehicle, except a motorcycle, which is registered in this state other than under a temporary thirty-day permit shall be the holder of a driver's license which is classified for the operation of such motor vehicle, and any person operating in this state a motorcycle which is registered in this state shall be the holder of a class M driver's license, except that any person operating in this state a motorcycle which is registered under a temporary thirty-day permit shall be the holder of a driver's license for any class of motor vehicles.

      (d)   No person shall drive any motorized bicycle upon a highway of this state unless: (1) Such person has a valid driver's license which entitles the licensee to drive a motor vehicle in any class or classes; (2) such person is at least 15 years of age and has passed the written and visual examinations required for obtaining a class C driver's license, in which case the division shall issue to such person a class C license which clearly indicates such license is valid only for the operation of motorized bicycles; or (3) such person has had their driving privileges suspended, for a violation other than a violation of K.S.A. 8-1567 or 8-1567a, and amendments thereto, and has made application to the division for the issuance of a class C license for the operation of motorized bicycles, in accordance with paragraph (2), in which case the division shall issue to such person a class C license which clearly indicates such license is valid only for the operation of motorized bicycles.

      (e)   Violation of this section shall constitute a class B misdemeanor.


Frequently asked questions about a driver's license suspension in Kansas:

How exactly can my driver's license get suspended?

These are the infractions that will result in the suspension of your Kansas driver's license:

  • Conviction of three or more moving violations within a specified time period.  The State does not care if the violations were collected in Olathe, elsewhere in Kansas, or even in another state - they will still suspend your driver's license for too many violations!
  • Refusal to submit to a chemical test to determine your BAC
  • Failing to appear for court date or failing to pay a ticket from Olathe or other jurisdiction.  We see this one all too often - folks either can't afford to pay a ticket or forget all about it.  When the Court date is missed, the City or County will suspend that person's driver's license and issue a warrant for your arrest.  If you have missed your Court date, call us immediately!  We can often enter an appearance on your behalf, get the warrant recalled, and take steps to get your driver's license back in good standing.
  • Failing to maintain continuous liability insurance on your vehicle.  If you drive your car without insurance, you can be suspended for a very lengthy period of time - even if you haven't been in an accident.  Do not drive without insurance in Olathe or elsewhere!  If you do let your insurance lapse and a ticket is issued, call us immediately so we can help you avoid a driver's license suspension for the charge.
  • Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs or having a BAC level of .08% or above.  Almost everyone charged with a DUI will also be subject to a driver's license suspension ranging from 30 days to life, depending on their driving history.  If you have been charged with DUI in Olathe or elsewhere in Kansas you only have 10 days from the date of your arrest to request an administrative hearing with the State or your license will be automatically suspended for a period ranging from 30 days to life!  If you have been charged with DUI in Olathe or elsewhere in Kansas, call us immediately so we can file the correct documents to preserve your driving privileges!
  • Transporting an open container of liquor or cereal malt beverage (3.2 beer)

Can I get a hardship driver’s license?
Kansas laws do not allow the issuance of a hardship license, that would allow a person to drive during the length of their suspension, revocation, cancellation or
disqualification period.

I went through a period of time where I racked up a bunch of tickets.  This is hurting my ability to get a license.  Is there anything an Olathe traffic law office can do to help me get my driving privileges back?

In many cases, the answer is yes - we can help you get your Kansas driver's license.  We specialize in "hard cases" that other traffic attorneys in Olathe and Johnson County are unwilling to take.  We can help you in several ways. 

First, if there are tickets that haven't been paid, we can enter appearances on those cases and attempt to amend or "fix" any moving violations you have pending. 

Second, if past tickets are going to be or are the cause of a driver's license suspension, then we may be able to vile a "motion to withdraw plea," where we can actually "undo" the tickets you've paid in the past.  

When dealing with past tickets or multiple tickets, the situation can get very complicated very quickly.  Call us today at (913) 764-5010 to set up an appointment to discuss your situation and to find a solution to get back your Kansas driver's license.


Olathe DUI Representation:

This law office also represents people charged with DUI (driving under the influence) in Olathe. 

If you have been charged with an Olathe DUI, it is extremely important that you act fast to protect your rights and hire an Olathe DUI lawyer.  In most Kansas DUI cases, you only have 10 days from the date of your arrest to request an administrative hearing or your license will be automatically suspended for a period between 30 days and life, depending on your driving history.

All DUI convictions in Olathe Municipal Court call for mandatory jail time, even for first time offenders.  We may be able to help some charged with and Olathe DUI avoid jail time through a diversion, a successful DUI trial in Olathe Municipal Court or Johnson County District Court, or through an advantageous plea agreement utilizing the CWIP class.

This law office has experience in handling all types of DUI cases in Olathe Municipal Court and Johnson County District Court.  Whether you are wanting to fight the case through trial or limit your exposure by cutting a deal call us for a free consultation on your Olathe DUI case.

Every case is unique, so please call us today to discuss your Olathe DUI case.

For more in-depth information about retaining an Olathe DUI lawyer, go to: http://www.johnsoncountydui.com/Practice-Areas/Olathe-DUI.shtml





Johnson County, Kansas Traffic Law Center | Traffic & Speeding Ticket Amendment Lawyers-Lawyers-Law Firm | Amendments, Diversions, Legal Representation

The traffic attorneys in our Johnson County law office represent drivers with speeding & traffic tickets/citations in Johnson County District Court and all municipal courts.  Our law firm's traffic lawyers negotiate with prosecutors to minimize or eliminate the negative affects of speeding/traffic tickets have on driving records & insurance rates.  We routinely keep our clients'  licenses "clean," saving them hundreds or thousands of $$$ in auto insurance premium increases.  Our traffic law firm's lawyers represent drivers on driving while suspended (DWS), habitual violator, or driving under the influence (DUI/DWI) cases.

To contact a Johnson County traffic attorney: call 913-764-5010 or email info@JoCoTraffic.com

Our firm's traffic lawyers "fix" Johnson County, Kansas tickets & citations!

The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC., is based in Kansas, and serves the surrounding areas in Kansas

© Copyright Law Office of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC All rights reserved. SEO by LawyerSuccess